Competitors prepare for Miss Stanly County Fire Queen Pageant
The Stanly County Fire Queen Pageant will be at 11:30 a.m. July 4 during Oakboro’s Fourth of July Celebration.
Competing for the title this year are:
• Representing Oakboro Fire Department: Elizabeth Eloise Maness, the 21-year-old daughter of Johanna Martin and Dana Maness.
She attends Catawba College and will graduate in May 2019.
• Representing Norwood Center Rural Fire Department: Peyton Jean Hallman, the 19-year-old daughter of Retta Whitley and Paul Hallman, and stepfather Donald Forkey.
She attends Wingate University.
• Representing West Stanly Fire Department: Brooklyn Grace Simpson, the 16-year-old daughter of James and Jennifer Flowe and Josh Simpson.
She attends West Stanly High School.
• Representing Endy Fire Department: Graci Rena Hudson, the 16-year-old daughter of Ronald and Connie Hudson.
She is a senior at Stanly Early College High School.
• Representing Bethany Fire Department: Morgan Bailey Smith, the 19-year-old daughter of Chris and Brandy Smith.
She will attend Stanly Community College in the fall.
• Representing Aquadale Fire Department: Breanna Nicole Swaringen, the 17-year-old daughter of Mike and Sherry Swaringen.
She plans to attend Stanly Community College in the fall.
• Representing New London Fire Department: Kathleen (Kate) White, the 17-year-old daughter of Jessica White.
She attends North Stanly High School.