Sunday, August 11, 2013 —
- The Depot Street pump has “objects” that have jammed the pump, Mayor Pro-Tem Bill Peak said. The electrical controls in the pump have burned up and a plumbing company tried to fix it with a new pump but it burned up also. Peak said an electrician worked on the box and another plumber will work to get another pump installed. Peak also pointed out a problem with the Spring Street pumping station generator not operating correctly after a one-hour power outage last weekend. Peak said the generator continued running non-stop until it ran out of gas. It was supposed to shut off when the power was cut off.
- Tree limbs are hanging over a portion of the road on Random Drive near the intersection of Austin Road Residents have complained of trucks and other large vehicles running into the limbs. Though the trees are on the respective owners’ properties but hanging over the street, the town can fix it. The town will get quotes to hire a service to cut the limbs.
- The Fall Festival will be Sept. 28 from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. in New London. Many of the same things involved with last year’s meeting will also be incorporated into this year’s event. Planning continues on putting the event together.
- Estimates will be received for the purchase of a new furnace on the town hall side of the municipal building after the board voted to accept bids for it.
- The board met in closed session for 15 minutes at the request of Chestnut, pursuant to General Statue 143-318.11(a)(9). No action was taken after the session.
To submit story ideas, contact Jason O. Boyd at (704) 982-2121 ext. 28 or email at email@example.com.