Former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has been charged with murder and five other gun-related charges.
School Board refuses idea of consolidating schools
The Stanly County Board of Education refuses to consider closing or consolidating schools.
- Albemarle home burns
- Drivers free woman after car rolls over her
- School Board refuses idea of consolidating schools
- Local News
Albemarle baseball tops Gray Stone
The Albemarle Bulldogs varsity baseball team maintained the team’s lead in the standings on Wednesday with a 13-1 five-inning win over Gray Stone.
- Community rallies to raise money for family of Katelin Rush
- Albemarle baseball tops Gray Stone
- Opinion & Letters to the Editor
Do animals have a sense of humor?
Right now, in a high-security research lab at Northwestern University's Falk Center for Molecular Therapeutics, scientists are tickling rats. Their goal? To develop a pharmaceutical-grade happiness pill. But their efforts might also produce some of the best evidence yet that humor isn't something experienced exclusively by human beings.
- Fun and beautiful maps of the world made from signature regional foods
- Do animals have a sense of humor?
NCSU STUDY: Finding the Mix: Solar Cell Efficiency a Delicate Balance
Research from North Carolina State University reveals that solar cell efficiency is based upon a delicate balance between the size and purity of the interior layers, or domains. These findings may lead to better designs and improved performance in organic solar cells.
- Shatner, Hogan, Elvira and more prepare for Mad Monster Party
- NCSU STUDY: Finding the Mix: Solar Cell Efficiency a Delicate Balance
- State & National News
Low blood-sugar levels make for grousing spouses
Husbands and wives reported being most unhappy with their spouses when their blood-sugar levels were lowest, usually at night, according to research released this week in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Missing a meal, dieting or just being hungry may be the reason, researchers said.
- Consumer spending on health care jumps as Affordable Care Act takes hold
- Low blood-sugar levels make for grousing spouses