Artist have created ornaments for the Undecorate the Tree promotion at Falling Rivers Gallery.
Stanly County seeks grant for broadband Internet
Stanly County leaders hope to tap into a federal grant that would help bring broadband to the area.
- Family continues recovery following Mt. Pleasant fire
- City takes a shot at urban archery
- Stanly County seeks grant for broadband Internet
- Local News
Volunteers assist residents with one of life’s certainties
It’s that time of year again. Time to break out the W-2s, the W-9s, the 1099-DIVs and the 1099-MISCs.
- Town considers county for zoning help
- Volunteers assist residents with one of life’s certainties
5 memorable college hoops tourney buzzer beaters
It's March, which means the NCAA Tournament is just around the corner. But before March Madness takes hold, the conference tournaments, which get under way this week, often provide their own share of exciting finishes. Here are five memorable buzzer beaters from conference tournament play.
- Albemarle basketball to face Winston-Salem Prep on Wednesday
- 5 memorable college hoops tourney buzzer beaters
- Opinion & Letters to the Editor
What you need to know about subtle office bullying
Sad to say, but bullying does not just exist in the schoolyard. It is alive and well in the workplace.
- School readiness: An unshakeable footing to academic success
- What you need to know about subtle office bullying
Dale and Lori Burris of Richfield, N.C. announce the engagement of their daughter, Alisa Ann Burris of Richfield, N.C. to Franklin Taylor Gentry III of Roxboro, N.C., son of Frankie and Becky Gentry of Roxboro, N.C. and John and Lynn Kerr of Semora, N.C.
- Susan Rebekah Smith to wed Jordan Alexander Burleson
Avenger an American value
If you’re someone who appreciates the golden age of domestic sedans — those big, comfortable, heavy-feeling cars with a uniquely American sense of style — this one ought to pique your interest.
- The glitz, the glamour and the movies: 3 apps for Oscar weekend
- Avenger an American value
Highlight of Town Creek Under the Stars will be the Moon on March 15
Mount Gilead – Town Creek Indian Mound will host Town Creek Under Stars on Saturday, March 15 at 7:30 p.m. Participants will view the nearly full Moon and learn fun moon facts. The March full moon, called many different things by various American Indian tribes, was an important one in that it marked the end of cold weather and the beginning of spring
- NCDOT Will Close A Section Of Wilshire Avenue In Cabarrus County For Bridge Replacement
- Highlight of Town Creek Under the Stars will be the Moon on March 15
- State & National News
Lilly's diabetes drug rejected by FDA
NEW YORK - A diabetes pill developed by Eli Lilly and Boehringer Ingelheim was rejected by U.S. regulators because of previously disclosed manufacturing deficiencies at a German plant that hadn't been resolved.
- Target seeks new technology head after data breach
- Lilly's diabetes drug rejected by FDA