SNAP Quiz: June 23-24, 2018
Published 4:45 pm Saturday, June 23, 2018
A feature in The Stanly News & Press will be a quiz on information in the previous week of the SNAP.
1. How can one simplify trellising according to Dustin Adcock?
A. The Florida weave
B. The Carolina shag
C. The Georgia peach
D. Use wire
2. Which golfer won the Tarheel Youth Golf Association event at Pinewood Country Club in Asheboro?
A. Brantley Phillips
B. Sam Davidson
C. Bobby Gold
D. Brantley Davidson
3. Almond Farms hosts a blackberry festival Saturday. What are the hours?
A. 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
B. 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
C. 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
D. 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
4. What school does Miss Stanly County Megan Frick attend?
A. Meredith College
C. Campbell University
5. Jennifer McSwain has left the United Way for what other organization?
6. Who drove in 5 runs to lead Post 76 past Concord?
A. Hunter Sells
B. Tyler Captain
C. Jordan Howard
C. Jamie Thomas
7. International policies from where are impacting local recycling efforts?
B. United Kingdom
8. Albemarle High’s Taniqua Knight won a second consecutive state title for what event?
A. Pole vault
B. High jump
C. Long jump
D. 300-meter hurdles
9. Stanly County Community Foundation awarded Pfeiffer University $10,000 for what?
A. STEM for Boys?
B. STEM for Girls!
10. The Class of 2018 is special for what reason?
A. The last time for valedictorian
B. The last time for salutatorian
C. Both A and B
D. None of the above