DOT detours Stanly drivers
The North Carolina Department of Transportation has issued more detours due to Hurricane Florence damage.
DOT has announced detours as follows:
• Gene Road to U.S. Highway 52 North to South Main Street/N.C. Highway 8 to East Gold Street/N.C. Highway 740 to Hearne Road and back to Gene Road.
• Renee Ford Road to West Stanly Street to Love Chapel Road back to Polk Ford Road.
• Rock Hole Road to Honeycutt Road to Love Mill Road to Oak Grove Road to Rushing Road back to Rock Hole Road.
• Bethlehem Church Road to Barbees Grove Road to N.C. Highway 138 to Old Aquadale Road back to Bethlehem Church Road.
• Parker Road to Fink Road to Burleson Road to Canton Road and back to Parker Road.
• Carter Road to Mountain Creek Road to Prospect Church Road to U.S. Highway 52 North back to Carter Road.
• Airport Road to Mountain Creek Road to Saw Mill Road back to Airport Road.
• Gaddis Road to Frog Pond Road to N.C. Highway 24-27 back to Gaddis Road.
• River Road in Stanfield consisting of Renee Ford Road to West Stanly Street to Love Chapel Road back to River Road.
Union County can now proceed with its efforts to draw water from Lake Tillery without any further litigation by stakeholders.... read more