Gold’s Gym Player of the Week: Nicholas McClure
Published 4:19 pm Friday, September 13, 2019
This week’s Gold’s Gym Athlete of the Week is North Stanly cross-country runner Nicholas McClure.
1) Who is your favorite athlete in your sport and why?
Steve Prefontaine, an American middle and long distance runner in the 1970s who accomplished many record-setting runs.
He did his three mile (run) in 13:10.4 His hard work and dedication to the sport inspires me.
2) What’s your favorite person to follow on social media and why?
I don’t follow social media. I spend my time running and working out. Those two make your mind and body healthier.
3) What is your biggest superstition or ritual with your sport (if you have one)?
I ask God to give me the strength to run the best race I can, I stretch, drink lots of water and eat a Reese’s peanut butter cup.
4) My biggest single things I waste time on is …
watching good movies, anything Marvel or DC comic related. Some of my favorites are “Guardians of the Galaxy” and “Avengers.”
5) My long terms goals after high school are …
Possibly the military then on to college. I’d like to study construction with the emphasis on heavy equipment operations then secure a good job with a construction company.