Badin offers many events during Ten Days of Uwharrie festival
Published 2:38 pm Friday, October 11, 2019
The Ten Days of Uwharrie Outdoor Festival will run Oct. 18 through Oct. 27 and include events throughout the Uwharrie region, including Badin.
“Participating in Ten Days of Uwharrie, North Carolina’s Official Outdoor Festival, gives Badin the opportunity to showcase the town and its beautiful environment,” Badin Mayor Anne Harwood said.
“Badin joined the 10 Days of Uwharrie effort last year in keeping with its ongoing work to bring positive visitor attention to this area,” Badin Town Manager Jay Almond said.
Some of the major events in Badin include:
• Uwharrie Players present “Let Him Sleep ‘Til It’s Time For His Funeral,”
with show times including 7:30 p.m. Saturday and Oct. 18 through Oct. 19, as well as 3 p.m. Oct. 20 at the Badin Conference Center.
• Badin Volunteer Fire Department has its barbecue fundraiser at 11 a.m. Saturday.
• The Run the Valley half marathon, 5K and 10K at Boyden Street at 7 a.m. Oct. 19.
• Wine and Jazz Under the Stars 7 p.m. until 10 p.m. Oct. 19 at the 1913 Badin Inn.
• The Mayor’s Walk at the Badin Town Hall 4 p.m. until 5 p.m. Oct. 24.
• Uwharrie Friendly Ghost Stories 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. Oct. 24 at 62 Pine St.
• Tour of Narrows Dam 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Oct. 26.
• Best Dam 5K Run in the Uwharrie starting at 8 a.m. Oct. 26 at Narrows Dam.
• Pow Wow 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. Oct. 26 at Badin Waterfront Park.
• Shag Night 7 p.m. until close of business Oct. 26 at Loafers & Legends Club.
• Badin Museum tours from 3:30 p.m. until 6 p.m. Oct. 24, from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Oct. 26 and from 2 p.m. until 5 p.m. Oct. 27
• N.C. Silent Movie Posters beginning at 10 a.m. Oct. 25 at the Loafers & Legends Club.