Partisan office filings as of Friday
A few newcomers and incumbents were added to the mix of candidates filing this week.
The following people have filed for partisan offices as of 5 p.m. Friday:
• Republican incumbent Carl Ford of China Grove for N.C. Senate District 33.
• Democrat incumbent Scott Brewer of Rockingham for N.C. House of Representatives District 66. Two challengers have also filed for the office — Republican Ben Moss of Rockingham and Republican Joey Davis of Seagrove.
• Republican incumbent Wayne Sasser of Albemarle for N.C. House of Representatives District 67.
• Republican Pat Nadolski of Mount Gilead for N.C. Superior Court Judge District 20A.
• Republicans Scott Efird of Locust and Jann Lowder of Albemarle for Stanly County Board of County Commissioners At-Large and Republican Leon Warren for Board of County Commissioners District 5.
• Republican Rufus Lefler III of Albemarle for Stanly County Board of Education At-Large.
• Republican Suzanne Lowder for Stanly County Register of Deeds.
A new exercise program for seniors is coming to the county in a partnership with Stanly County Senior Services and... read more