More candidates file as deadline nears
Published 5:07 pm Monday, December 16, 2019
The following people have filed for partisan offices as of 5 p.m. Monday:
• Republican incumbent Richard Hudson of Concord and Democrat Patricia Timmons-Goodson of Fayetteville for U.S. House District 8.
• Republican incumbent Carl Ford of China Grove for N.C. Senate District 33.
• Democrat incumbent Scott Brewer of Rockingham for N.C. House of Representatives District 66. Two challengers have also filed for the office — Republican Ben Moss of Rockingham and Republican Joey Davis of Seagrove.
• Republican incumbent Wayne Sasser of Albemarle for N.C. House of Representatives District 67.
• Republican Pat Nadolski of Mount Gilead for N.C. Superior Court Judge District 20A.
• Republicans Scott Efird of Locust and Jann Lowder of Albemarle for Stanly County Board of County Commissioners At-Large and Republicans Leon Warren of Albemarle and Peter Asciutto of Albemarle for Board of County Commissioners District 5.
• Republican incumbent Glenda Gibson for Stanly County Board of Education District 3.
• Republican incumbent Vicky Watson for Stanly County Board of Education District 4.
• Republican Rufus Lefler III of Albemarle for Stanly County Board of Education At-Large.
• Republican Suzanne Lowder for Stanly County Register of Deeds.
Filing ends at noon Friday.