Democrat enters Board of Education race
A Democrat has filed for Stanly County Board of Education.
The following people have filed for partisan offices as of 5 p.m. Tuesday, the latest information available from the Stanly County Board of Elections:
- Republican incumbent Richard Hudson of Concord and Democrat Patricia Timmons-Goodson of Fayetteville for U.S. House District 8.
- Republican incumbent Carl Ford of China Grove for N.C. Senate District 33.
- Democrat incumbent Scott Brewer of Rockingham for N.C. House of Representatives District 66. Two challengers have also filed for the office — Republican Ben Moss of Rockingham and Republican Joey Davis of Seagrove.
- Republican incumbent Wayne Sasser of Albemarle for N.C. House of Representatives District 67.
- Republican Pat Nadolski of Mount Gilead for N.C. Superior Court Judge District 20A.
- Republicans Scott Efird of Locust and Jann Lowder of Albemarle for Stanly County Board of County Commissioners At-Large and Republicans Leon Warren of Albemarle and Peter Asciutto of Albemarle for Board of County Commissioners District 5.
- Republican incumbent Glenda Gibson for Stanly County Board of Education District 3.
- Republican incumbent Vicky Watson for Stanly County Board of Education District 4.
- Democrat Elizabeth Harrison for Stanly County Board of Education District 5.
- Republican Rufus Lefler III of Albemarle for Stanly County Board of Education At-Large.
- Republican Suzanne Lowder for Stanly County Register of Deeds.
Filing ends at noon Friday.
The Albemarle Bulldogs women’s basketball ended a six-game losing streak to the start the season with a 62-23 home win... read more