Albemarle to close city facilities due to virus
Published 2:28 pm Thursday, March 19, 2020
The City of Albemarle (COA) continues to monitor the evolving events related to Coronavirus COVID-19. As this situation continues, COA has decided to make changes to mitigate the risk of community spread.
Effective at 7 a.m. Friday, all city facilities will be closed to public access, until
further notice. COA will continue to operate and offer our residents quality services during this time.
City employees will still have access to city facilities and will continue their job functions.
Public Utilities customers will be able to access services through email, telephone and online payment center. Public Utilities Customer Service can be reached at 704-984-9615.
For information on how to access city services during this time, visit: https://www.albemarlenc.gov/departments/administration/covid-19-information.
COA Facilities impacted by closures are:
• City Hall – 144 N. 2nd St.;
• Police Station (lobby will remain open) – 203 N. 2nd St.;
• Landfill – 40592 Stony Gap Road (will remain open for commercial and residential refuse);
• City Warehouse – 704 Arlington Dr.;
• Waddell Center – 621 Wall St.;
• Niven Center – 1816 E. Main St.;
• Public Housing Office – 300 S. Bell Ave.;
• Public Housing Senior Center – 509 Martin Luther King Jr. Dr.;
• Fire Station One – 1610 E. Main St.;
• Fire Station Two – 607 Concord Road;
• Fire Station Three – 209 Northeast Connector;
• Jack Neel Water Treatment Plant – 36576 N.C. Highway 49 N., New London;
• Highway 52 Water Treatment Plant – 2510 U.S. Highway 52 N.; and
• Long Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant – 1040 Coble Ave. Ext.
COA will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and make adjustments in the best interest of team members and the community during this time.