Number of COVID-19 cases in county increases
Published 7:43 pm Sunday, March 29, 2020
The N.C. Department of Health and Human Services reported the fourth and fifth positive cases of COVID-19 in Stanly County over the weekend.
Advice from DHHS and the Health Department previously have included:
● If you are sick, STAY HOME! Most people will recover without needing medical care.
● Call your doctor or 911 if you have:
○ Shortness of breath
○ Difficulty breathing
○ Chest pain or pressure
○ Blue lips
● Stay away from others if you have symptoms of fever and cough
● Return to regular activities 7 days after your symptoms began, AND you are without fever for 3 days, AND other symptoms have improved
● If you have to go out, keep a 6 feet distance between yourself and others
● Avoid people who are sick
● Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
● Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your bent elbow
COVID-19 Questions or Concerns?
Contact Stanly County Health Department Coronavirus Helpline at 704-986-7483 or Coronavirus
Email Helpline at Covidhelp@stanlycountync.gov, Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5pm. If phone lines are busy, leave a message and phone number, your call will be returned as soon as possible. Phone messages or emailed questions left after 4pm may be returned on the next business day.
For COVID-19 information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week call NC 211.
NC Department of Health and Human Services
CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)