Stanly notified of second COVID-19 death
Published 10:26 pm Saturday, April 11, 2020
Stanly County Health Department is reporting the second COVID-19 associated death in the county.
The individual died on Saturday from complications associated with the virus.
The individual was an older adult in a residential care facility and had underlying medical conditions.
Stanly County Health Department is working closely with the facility to identify and monitor persons who had contact with the individual. To protect the family’s privacy, no further information about this individual will be released by the health department.
“We extend our sympathies to the family at this time. We are in close contact with the facility and the state to ensure that all measures are being taken to prevent further spread of this virus,“ David Jenkins, Stanly County Health and Human Services director, said.
As of Saturday, Stanly County Health Department reports 15 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Six of these individuals have recovered at this time.
The health department recommends individuals continue to follow the guidelines listed below.
● STAY HOME! Follow the NC Stay-at-Home Order requirements.
● Wear a face covering when in public.
● Maintain social distancing, stay 6 feet away from others.
● Wash your hands often, for 20 seconds with soap and water.
● Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your bent elbow.
● Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
● Avoid people who are sick.
● If you are sick, stay home and call your healthcare provider.