Senior Center reopens with guidelines
Published 3:03 pm Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Becky Weemhoff, director of Stanly County Senior Services, released the following statement about the Senior Center reopening:
The Stanly County Senior Center in Albemarle is open! Because of COVID-19 there are new restrictions in place and are necessary to ensure everyone’s safety and protection while in the building. With guidance from local health officials, the following guidelines are in place until further notice:
- Masks are required the entire time you are in the building. Masks are available for those who do not have one.
- Social distancing of 6 ft. must be observed at all times. No congregating in the building.
- Hand sanitizer must be used upon entering and leaving the building.
- Visitors will follow a one way marked route in and out of the building.
- Activities and schedules will be changed/altered to ensure all social gathering requirements are being met.
- Programs and activities involving serving food and eating will be not offered or allowed until further notice.
- Certain scheduled activities that meet social distancing requirements will begin in June. A calendar will be published.
- Avoid touching high-touch surfaces in the building such as door handles, handrails, handshaking with people, etc.
- Everyone is encouraged to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds as well as use hand sanitizer while in the building.
The opening of the West Stanly Senior Center in Locust will be announced later once all appropriate procedures are in place to ensure everyone’s safety and health.
These past several months have been an unprecedented time for all of us. Since each of you are important to us, we are doing our best to keep you safe and healthy when you are visitIng the Senior Centers. You continue to be our top priority.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we navigate these next few months together. You have been missed!