West Stanly Senior Center to reopen
Becky Weemhoff, director of the Stanly County Senior Services, released the following statement Wednesday afternoon:
West Stanly Senior Center in Locust will open at 10 a.m. Thursday.
Because of COVID-19 there are new restrictions in place and are necessary to ensure everyone’s safety and protection while in the building.
With guidance from local health officials, the following guidelines are in place until further notice:
• The front door is the ONLY entrance and exit into the Senior Center until further notice.
• Everyone will follow a one way marked route in and out of the building.
• Masks are required the entire time you are in the building. Masks are available for those who do not have one.
• Hand sanitizer must be used upon entering and leaving the building.
• Social distancing of 6 feet will be observed at all times. No congregating in the building
• No more than 10 people will be allowed in each activity.
• Activities on the calendar noted with a star (*) indicates that you must reserve your place in the class ahead of time. June Calendar is attached.
• Activities and classes will be changed/altered as necessary to ensure social gathering requirements are being met.
• Programs and activities involving the serving or eating of food will not be offered or allowed until further notice.
• Avoid touching high-touch surfaces in the building such as door handles, handrails, doorknobs, etc.
• Everyone is encouraged to wash his or her hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds as well as use hand sanitizer while in the building.
As we continue to do all we can to keep you safe and healthy when you visit the Senior Centers, we will appreciate your understanding and patience. We are excited to have both Senior Centers open and look forward to seeing you! We have missed you!
The Stanly County Board of Commissioners showed their displeasure with Gov. Roy Cooper at Monday’s board meeting. The board, made... read more