• 45°

PEEKING INTO THE PAST: Yadkin Motor Company

In very early 1920, local Badin businessmen C.G. Buffington, P.E. Book and G.N. Trexler opened a car dealership in Badin known as the Yadkin Motor Company. The company had recently opened a sister dealership, with the same name, in Albemarle.

The Badin dealership sat on the corner of NC Highway 740 and Falls Road. The building included an interesting feature of a drive-thru that allowed a car to enter
on one street and exit on the other.

According to the Badin Bulletin, the Badin dealership was an agent for cars from Chalmers, Piedmont, Overland, Willys-Knight, Maxwell and Maxwell trucks.
Ads for the Badin dealership only appear through late summer of 1920, so it is not clear what happened to this part of the business. References to the sister dealership in Albemarle continue into 1922 when that dealership went bankrupt.

{Lewis Bramlett – Stanly County Historical Society}