Policies for attending Pfeiffer outdoor games announced
Published 2:04 pm Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Note: The following is a press release from the USA South Athletic Conference.
The Presidents of the USA South Athletic Conference have agreed to adjust the Conference’s policy on spectators attending any outdoor sporting event hosted by a USA South institution regardless of opponent. The amended policy limits spectators to two per participating student-athlete, plus students, faculty and staff of the host institution while abiding with all local and state social distancing and capacity directives. No spectators of visiting teams will be permitted to attend. This adjusted policy will go into effect for all events beginning on Friday, February 26th.
All invited spectators to any outdoor sporting event hosted by a USA South institution are expected to adhere to the following:
- Enter the campus, venue or facility area at a single-point of entry where and when possible or instructed.
- Follow standard public health protocols set to reduce the spread of COVID-19 which includes washing hands, wearing appropriate face coverings and maintaining social distance.
- No interaction with players and coaches before, during or after the contest while at the contest venue.
- Vacate the contest venue (or campus, if applicable) immediately upon the contest’s conclusion.
- No tailgating of any nature.
- Individual institutions are responsible for how guests shall be identified and invited as well as how their admittance shall be administered. Therefore, those interested in a particular institution’s process shall contact the applicable athletic department.
Each institution has the autonomy to create or maintain policies which are more restrictive than those stated by the USA South. Additionally, each institution may require more stipulations than those outlined above by the Conference, therefore, it is again advised for those interested in attending a contest hosted by a USA South institution to contact the athletic department of the host event. Failure by event attendees to comply with institutional and/or conference policies may lead to the suspension and/or termination of the contest.
In addition to the adjusted policy on spectators attending outdoor sporting events hosted by USA South institutions, the USA South Presidents also adopted a policy for the upcoming divisional men’s and women’s cross-country championship meets. The group agreed to permit the student-athletes participating in the events to invite two spectators to attend. These spectators are expected to adhere to the bulleted guidelines mentioned above. Please note, additional requirements for spectators attending the West Division Cross Country Championship, hosted by Huntingdon College at the Greenbrier Cross Country Course in Grady, Alabama on Friday, February 26, will be in effect. Spectators are required to show confirmation of a negative PCR COVID test administered within 72 hours of the event. There are no further stipulations, other than those outlined in the bullets above, for spectators attending the East Division Cross Country Championship which will be hosted by N.C. Wesleyan College on Saturday, February 27.
Finally, the current USA South indoor sport spectator policy shall remain in place as currently stated.