SPORTS Quiz By Ryan A. Berenz
1. The Territorial Cup is a trophy awarded in the college football rivalry series between what two teams?
2. What nickname did Stevie Wonder bestow on Philadelphia 76ers legend Darryl Dawkins?
3. What endurance race did drivers Hurley Haywood and Scott Pruett each win a record five times?
4. Craven Cottage stadium in London is the home ground of what English Premier League football club?
5. Figure skating legend Sonja Henie hailed from what country?
6. What infamous corporation held naming rights to the Houston Astros’ stadium from 2000-02?
7. What team selected Purdue running back Mike Alstott in the second round of the 1996 NFL Draft?
1. The Arizona Wildcats and the Arizona State Sun Devils.
2. Chocolate Thunder.
3. 24 Hours of Daytona.
4. Fulham F.C.
7. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
(c) 2021 King Features Syndicate, Inc.
The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission (NCWRC) reviewed proposed rule changes at its business meeting on Feb. 25. The Commissioners accepted 40 of... read more