TRIVIA TEST By Fifi Rodriguez
Published 3:24 pm Friday, March 12, 2021
1. LITERATURE: Which 19th-century novel begins with the sentence, “There was no possibility of taking a walk that day”?
2. CHEMISTRY: Which element’s Latin name is hydrargyrum and goes by the symbol Hg?
3. HISTORY: Who was the first female detective in the United States, hired by the Pinkerton Detective Agency in 1856?
4. ADVERTISING SLOGANS: What product’s 1970s advertising slogan was, “I can’t believe I ate the whole thing”?
5. U.S. PRESIDENTS: Only two Catholics have served as president of the United States. Who are they?
6. MOVIES: The “Star Wars” movie series was partly filmed in which African country?
7. LANGUAGE: What does the name Boca Raton (Florida) mean in Spanish?
8. U.S. STATES: The highest and lowest points in the contiguous United States can be found in which state?
9. ENTERTAINERS: Which American actor and comedian was born Eric Marlon Bishop?
10. TELEVISION: Which 1950s Western series featured the theme song “Happy Trails”?
1. “Jane Eyre”
3. Kate Warne
5. John Kennedy and Joe Biden
7. Rat’s mouth (named for sharp rocks where ships docked)
8. California: Mount Whitney and Death Valley
9. Jamie Foxx
10. “The Roy Rogers Show”
(c) 2021 King Features Synd., Inc.