SPORTS QUIZ By Ryan A. Berenz
1. What Pro Football Hall of Fame linebacker and defensive end recorded 160 sacks in his NFL career from 1985-99?
2. The Calder Cup is the trophy awarded to the champion of what professional ice hockey league?
3. In 1973, Los Angeles Lakers center Elmore Smith set an NBA record for blocks in a game with how many?
4. What athletic shoe, first released in 1989, had a built-in device that inflated portions of the tongue for a custom fit?
5. What facility outside of Green Bay hosted two to four Packers home games per season from 1953-94?
6. What big-hitting outfielder won World Series championships with the Philadelphia Phillies (2008) and San Francisco Giants (2010)?
7. What actor, known for roles in “Necessary Roughness” (1991), “Street Fighter” (1994) and “BASEketball” (1998), was a replacement player for the Los Angeles Rams during the 1987 NFL players strike?
1. Kevin Greene.
2. The American Hockey League (AHL).
4. The Reebok Pump.
5. Milwaukee County Stadium.
6. Pat Burrell.
7. Peter Tuiasosopo.
(c) 2021 King Features Syndicate, Inc.
The landscape of high school athletics in Stanly County will have some differences next year with the plan recently finalized.... read more