STATE: Wildlife Commission schedules spring classes
Published 12:40 pm Wednesday, April 7, 2021
The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission’s Pechmann Fishing Education Center in Fayetteville has released its April workshop schedule.
All courses will be led by trained volunteers and Wildlife Commission staff. A North Carolina fishing license is not required to take any of the classes. Pre-registration is required. The Center’s COVID-19 policies are stated on their website and must be followed during visits.
- April 7: Fly-fishing Basics, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. (virtual only)
- April 13-14: Introductory Fishing for Adults, 6 – 9 p.m.
- April 15: Basic Fishing Knots and Rigging, 6:30 – 8 p.m.
- April 16: Surf Fishing Workshop, 6:30 – 8 p.m.
- April 17: BOW Fly-Fishing Workshop, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. ($20 fee, women only)
- April 22: Fly-tying Forum, 6:30 – 8 p.m. (in-person and virtual)
- April 24: Basic Rod Building Course, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Registration for all clinics and classes is available online at ncwildlife.org/learning/education-centers/pechmann, or by calling 910-868-5003.
About the Pechmann Fishing Education Center
The John E. Pechmann Fishing Education Center in Fayetteville, N.C. was built in 2007 and is the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission’s newest education facility. It’s the only fishing education center of its kind in the state. Center instructors teach a variety of aquatic programs to anglers of all ages and abilities, usually free of charge. The Center is funded by grants and the sales of recreational licenses offered by the Wildlife Commission.
About the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission