SPORTS QUIZ By Ryan A. Berenz
1. What baseball executive served as president of the American League from 1974-83?
2. Name the NFL running back who repeatedly said “I’m just here so I don’t get fined” at a Super Bowl XLIX media-day press conference.
3. Brazilian footballer Manuel Francisco dos Santos, famous for his spectacular dribbling, was better known by what nickname?
4. On June 30, 1970, the Atlanta Braves’ Hank Aaron hit the first home run in the history of what stadium?
5. What boxing writer and sports historian, known for his signature fedora and cigar, was editor and publisher of “The Ring” magazine from 1979-83?
6. What sport, originating in Spain in 2005, combines volleyball, soccer and gymnastics with music, and is played on an inflatable court with trampolines on both sides of the net?
7. Mexico’s premier motorsports track is named after two brothers who both died in auto-racing incidents nine years apart. Who are they?
1. Lee MacPhail.
2. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks.
4. Cincinnati’s Riverfront Stadium.
5. Bert Sugar.
7. Pedro and Ricardo Rodriguez.
(c) 2021 King Features Syndicate, Inc.