SPORTS QUIZ By Ryan A. Berenz
Published 6:54 pm Tuesday, April 13, 2021
1. Nicknamed “Mr. DeMarathon,” what Olympic bronze medalist won the Boston Marathon seven times?
2. Which NFL defensive back finished his career with more interceptions: Rod Woodson or Charles Woodson?
3. Name the three members of the Los Angeles Dodgers who shared World Series MVP honors in 1981.
4. What World Golf Hall of Famer and South Korean native won the McDonald’s LPGA Championship tournament in 1998, 2002 and 2006?
5. The annual award presented to the best female college ice hockey player in the U.S. is named after what Princeton University hockey standout?
6. Elmer Layden, NFL commissioner from 1941-46, played fullback for what college football team?
7. Jordan “Jet” Temkin, Paul “Nurk” Nurkkala and Alex Vanover are former champions in what sports league?
1. Clarence DeMar.
2. Rod Woodson, with 71 (Charles Woodson had 65).
3. Ron Cey, Pedro Guerrero and Steve Yeager.
4. Se-ri Pak.
5. Patty Kazmaier.
6. The Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
7. Drone Racing League (DRL).
(c) 2021 King Features Syndicate, Inc.