TRIVIA TEST By Fifi Rodriguez
1. SCIENCE: Where is the world’s most active volcano located?
2. TELEVISION: Which 1990s TV drama invented the catchphrase “The truth is out there”?
3. MATH: What is the total of numbers 1-100 added consecutively (1+2+3, etc.)?
4. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: What do the 100 folds in a chef’s hat represent?
5. LITERATURE: In which Harry Potter book does the Whomping Willow make its first appearance?
6. GEOGRAPHY: How many countries in Africa have only four letters in their names?
7. MOVIES: In the animated movie “Up,” to which scouting group does Russell belong?
8. ARCHITECTURE: Who designed the famous Fallingwater House in Pennsylvania?
9. LANGUAGE: What does the Greek prefix “hyper” mean?
10. MEDICAL: What is the common ailment classified in medical terms as singultus?
1. Hawaii (Mauna Loa)
2. “The X-Files”
4. 100 ways to cook an egg
5. “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”
6. Three: Chad, Mali and Togo
7. Wilderness Explorers
8. Frank Lloyd Wright
9. Over, excessive
(c) 2021 King Features Synd., Inc.
For the first time in more than a year, students at Gray Stone Day School are now back on campus... read more