SPORTS QUIZ By Ryan A. Berenz
Published 6:52 pm Wednesday, April 21, 2021
1. On May 6, 2019, what caused an 18-minute delay in the start of a game between the San Francisco Giants and the Cincinnati Reds at Great American Ball Park?
2. The Billiken — a charm doll described as “The God of Things as They Ought to Be” — is the mascot for what Jesuit university’s athletic programs?
3. What horse beat Triple Crown winner War Admiral in a head-to-head match at Pimlico Race Course in 1938?
4. Goodison Park in Liverpool is the home stadium of what English Premier League football club?
5. Billy Johnson, an NFL wide receiver and return specialist who was famous for his touchdown dances, was known by what popular nickname?
6. Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky and Bo Jackson were animated superheroes in what Saturday-morning cartoon series that aired on NBC in 1991?
7. What all-female professional baseball team, sponsored by Coors Brewing Company, barnstormed across America from 1994-97?
1. A swarm of bees.
2. Saint Louis University.
4. Everton F.C.
5. “White Shoes.”
7. The Colorado Silver Bullets.
(c) 2021 King Features Syndicate, Inc.