SPORTS QUIZ By Ryan A. Berenz
Published 6:02 pm Friday, May 14, 2021
1. Name the rookie pitcher who won his first four starts — including a no-hitter on May 5, 1962 — for the Los Angeles Angels.
2. Evonne Goolagong, a seven-time women’s singles Grand Slam tennis tournament winner from 1971-80, hailed from what country?
3. What Austrian driver posthumously won the 1970 Formula One championship after perishing in a crash during practice at the Italian Grand Prix?
4. Opening in 1900, The Hawthorns stadium has been home to what English Premier League football club?
5. What Tanzanian basketball star played for the University of Connecticut Huskies and was picked No. 2 overall by the Memphis Grizzlies in the 2009 NBA Draft?
6. Gino Cappelletti, American Football League MVP in 1964, had his No. 20 jersey retired by what NFL team?
7. Who founded a company that began manufacturing ice-resurfacing machines for skating rinks in Paramount, California, in 1949?
1. Bo Belinsky.
3. Jochen Rindt.
4. West Bromwich Albion F.C.
5. Hasheem Thabeet.
6. The New England Patriots.
7. Frank J. Zamboni.
(c) 2021 King Features Syndicate, Inc.