Additional $25 Summer Cards offered at COVID-19 vaccine clinic
Published 2:27 pm Thursday, July 8, 2021
Due to the success of the $25 Summer Card program to increase vaccination, Stanly County Health Department is adding additional appointment dates. On these days the health department will be able to provide $25 Summer Cards to those receiving their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine. These cards may be used at stores that accept Visa or Mastercard.
Summer cards are provided by North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services and are only available by receiving a first dose of COVID -19 vaccine at the Stanly County Health Department.
Who is eligible?
● Age 18 or older receiving a first dose of COVID-19 vaccine
● Those who drive others to receive a first dose of COVID-19 vaccine
● Parents driving children age 12 or older to receive a first dose of COVID-19 vaccine
Which days are $25 Summer Cards available?
● July 12, 13, 14
● July 19, 20, 21
What else do I need to know?
● There is no limit on the number of times someone can drive people to a vaccination appointment; however, a driver will only receive one card per visit.
● $25 Summer Cards are only available while supplies last.
● Cards are only available for first dose COVID-19 vaccinations received at Stanly County Health Department during the promotion period.
Getting vaccinated and helping others do the same protects you from COVID-19 which may cause severe illness, hospitalization, and death. Rigorous clinical trials have proven that the vaccines are safe and effective with more than 150 million people in the U.S. who have been safely vaccinated. And as the more contagious Delta variant of the virus is spreading across the country — mostly through unvaccinated people—it’s critical that North Carolinians get vaccinated now.
Remember, COVID-19 vaccines are free, safe, and effective.
COVID-19 vaccine appointments are available for anyone age 12 or older. To schedule a first dose vaccine appointment online at the Stanly County Health Department visit http://book.novelhealth.ai/stanly, or call the hotline at 980-323-0205. For additional vaccine providers, visit www.vaccines.gov.