$100 Summer Cards now offered at COVID-19 vaccine clinic
Published 5:02 pm Tuesday, August 3, 2021
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services has increased the amount of the Summer Card program from $25 to $100 for those who receive a first dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
Those who drive others to a first dose appointment will receive a $25 Summer Card. These cards may be used at stores that accept Visa or Mastercard. Summer Cards are only available locally at Stanly County Health Department. This updated Summer Card program will be available through Aug. 31.
Who is eligible for $100?
● Age 18 or older receiving a first dose of COVID-19 vaccine
Who is eligible for $25?
● Those who drive others to receive a first dose of COVID-19 vaccine; and
● Parents driving children age 12 or older to receive a first dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
How long are these cards available?
● Until Aug. 31.
What else do I need to know?
● There is no limit on the number of times someone can drive people to a vaccination appointment; however, a driver will only receive one card per visit.
● Summer Cards are only available while supplies last.
● Cards are only available for first dose COVID-19 vaccinations received at Stanly County Health Department during the promotion period.
Getting vaccinated provides protection from COVID-19 which may cause severe illness, hospitalization and death. Rigorous clinical trials have proven that the vaccines are safe and effective with more than 165 million people in the U.S. who have been safely vaccinated, according to the Health Department. As the more contagious Delta variant of the virus is spreading across the country — mostly through unvaccinated people — it’s critical that North Carolinians get vaccinated now, the Health Department said. COVID-19 vaccines are free.
COVID-19 vaccine appointments are available for anyone age 12 or older. To schedule a first dose vaccine appointment online at the Stanly County Health Department visit http://book.novelhealth.ai/stanly, or call the hotline at 980-323-0205. For additional vaccine providers, visit www.vaccines.gov .