CHAMBER OF COMMERCE COLUMN: Nominations accepted for Citizen of the Year
Published 3:07 pm Thursday, December 30, 2021
At its annual meeting in the first quarter of each year, the Stanly County Chamber of Commerce presents its “Stanly County Citizen of the Year” Award to an outstanding citizen who has raised awareness of our community through leadership and innovation.
Any man or woman who has made a significant contribution to the quality of life and economic well-being of Stanly County is eligible for consideration. Each year’s selection is made based on the individual’s body of civic accomplishments and level of community activity, performed without remuneration, over the course of his or her lifetime. Special emphasis will be given to the nominee’s activities within the previous five years.
The recipient is chosen by a Selection Committee chaired by the previous year’s winner. The award is then presented at the annual meeting by the Selection Committee chairman.
1. The person must live or work in Stanly County;
2. The person must not have received the award previously;
3. The person must have made significant contributions to the citizens of Stanly County in one of the following categories:
• Contributions provided through their work and profession;
• Contributions provided by serving on an elected body;
• Contributions provided by serving as a volunteer
• Contributions provided by more than one of the above.
Recommendations should include:
• Name and contact information of person or organization making the recommendation;
• Name and contact information of the nominee;
• Pertinent personal information and history of the nominee;
• A detailed description of the contributions that the nominee has made to the citizens of Stanly County. It is important to provide enough information for a decision by the committee.
Recommendations are due by Jan. 14, 2022 and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Stanly County Chamber of Commerce Citizenship Award, PO Box 909, Albemarle, NC 28002.