NCHSAA Board of Directors complete spring meeting
Published 6:36 pm Wednesday, April 27, 2022
The North Carolina High School Athletic Association completed its spring meetings today. Here are some changes the board approved:
- · Sanctioned the addition of Women’s Wrestling for the 2023-2024 athletic year.
- · Sanctioned the addition of a 4A Classification State Championship in Women’s Lacrosse, effective 2022-2023.
- · Approved a Five Quarter Rule for basketball allowing students to participate in five quarters of play in a single day. This was done to promote and sustain junior varsity programs across the state.
- · Approved a 5% distribution from interest earned on the Association’s General Endowment Fund to member schools, including a 5.05% distribution from the Education/Health and Safety Endowment Fund.
- · Approved Membership Fees remaining at $1.00 per pupil for 2022-2023. Board eliminated the $100 administrative fee for all member schools, effective 2022-2023.
- · Revised NCHSAA revenue share to 20% for all Fourth Round contests in all team and bracketed sports. As a reminder, as a result of the MOU, the Association will receive its share in all rounds from the net revenues of all playoff and championships, rather than the gross receipts.
“Today has been a landmark meeting for the NCHSAA, on many fronts. As we celebrate the 50th year since the passage of Title IX, our board was able to sanction a new women’s sport, women’s wrestling, and add a new championship classification in women’s lacrosse,” Commissioner Que Tucker said.