Stanly County 4-H offers Summer Blast program
Published 4:36 pm Tuesday, May 17, 2022
Stanly County 4-H is offering a variety of hands-on learning experiences for youth ages 5-18 through the annual 4-H Summer Blast Program.
This year, the program includes a variety of topics from fitness and cooking, to livestock and soil science. Stanly County 4-H has partnered with volunteers to ensure that local youth gain the most from their day-camp experience.
Registration for the 4-H Summer Blast Program is open to the public and will remain open until all classes are full. To view a full list of classes and other details, visit the Stanly County Cooperative Extension website at stanly.ces.ncsu.edu.
Several Summer Blast classes still have spaces available. Classes with availability include:
● Soil Solutions: Ages 8+; June 16, 9 a.m.- 12 p.m.
● Turf Time: Ages 8+; June 21-14, 9 a.m.- 12 p.m.
● Livestock RoundUp: Ages 10+; July 12-14, 9 a.m.- 12 p.m.
● Cow to Cup Cloverbud Dairy Camp: Ages 5-7; July 22, 9 a.m.- 3 p.m.
● Farm to Table: Ages 14-18; August 2-5, 9 a.m.- 12 p.m.
● Run with the Pack: Ages 14-18; August 12, 8:30 a.m.- 7 p.m.
To register your child for the 4-H Summer Blast Program, you will need to complete an online enrollment as a full member on the 4-H Online 2.0 system. Once your enrollment has been approved, you will also be able to register for events via the 4-H Online 2.0 system. Registration is a one-time $10 fee per child and includes a T-shirt. Classes range from $10 to $85 each. If you have any questions, contact Michaela Vick at 704-983-3987 or email@example.com.