Stanly County Sports Hall of Fame accepts nominations
Published 9:29 am Wednesday, November 2, 2022
Nominees for induction into the Stanly County Sports Hall of Fame are currently being accepted by the organization’s steering committee.
Eligibility for Hall of Fame induction will be determined as set forth below:
• Adults, living or deceased, who made a contribution to any sport while a resident of Stanly County, or an adult with strong ties to the county who contributed to the world of sports after leaving the county, are eligible for induction.
• Race, color, creed, sex, religion, and national origin shall not be considered in determining induction.
• Achievements and/or services in past years will be given the same consideration as current achievements and/or services.
• Induction may be granted to persons whose contributions to sports in the Stanly County area, past and/or present, have reflected outstanding credit upon themselves as individuals, upon the sport with which they are identified, and upon this community.
• Consideration also will be given to individuals who went on to great athletic accomplishments in other worthy fields of endeavor.
Nominees will be reviewed by a subcommittee which will recommend induction depending upon these criteria.
Deadline to submit nominees is Nov. 30.
Nomination forms are available at Albemarle Parks and Recreation (Jesse F. Niven Community Center), may be obtained by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 704-982-5220.