N.C. Department of Labor presents safety awards
Published 4:06 pm Tuesday, May 16, 2023
The N.C. Department of Labor recognized area employers and employees at the agency’s annual safety awards banquet on Tuesday in Albemarle at the Atrium Health, Stanly in the Special Events Center.
“North Carolina’s employers and employees show us the true importance of a strong commitment to safety and health each and every day,” Labor Commissioner Josh Dobson said. “North Carolina’s injury and illness rate remains at an historic low. These businesses’ dedication to safety is the reason why North Carolina is one of the safest states in which to work and they deserve this distinguished recognition.”
The awards honor outstanding on-the-job safety achievements of each recipient during 2022. Recipients recognized are located in Albemarle and surrounding counties.
The event was hosted by the Stanly County Chamber of Commerce.
Under program rules, companies must have been free of fatal accidents at the site for which the award is given to be eligible.
The gold award criteria are based on a DART rate that is at least 50% below the statewide rate for its industry. The rate includes cases of days away from work, restricted activity or job transfer.
The silver award is based only on cases with days away from work. They are recorded when the worker misses at least one full day of work, not including the day of the injury. The applicant must attain an incidence rate for cases with days away from work that is at least 50% below the rate for its industry.
More information on the N.C. Department of Labor’s Safety Awards Program is available by calling 919-707-7855 or emailing Kiley Willard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criteria: Rate of days from work must be at least 50% below the industry average.
• United Protective Technologies
• J.T. Russell & Sons Inc., Conover Asphalt Plant
• Atrium Health, Stanly
• Atrium Health, Stanly Manor
Criteria: Rate of days away from work, job transfer or restriction must be at least 50% below the industry average.
• J.T. Russell & Sons Inc., N.C. Hwy 3 – Mooresville Hwy Jobsite, Kannapolis
• City of Albemarle
• Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute, Stanly
• H.W. Culp Lumber Co.
• N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, NCFS District No. 3
• J.T. Russell & Sons Inc., Troy – Bypass, Hwy 24/27 Jobsite
• J.T. Russell & Sons Inc., Lexington Asphalt Plant
• J.T. Russell & Sons Inc., New London Asphalt Plant
• J.T. Russell & Sons Inc., Salisbury Asphalt Plant
• Cube Hydro, Yadkin
• ARAUCO, Treating Plant
• J.T. Russell & Sons Inc., Clear Creek Asphalt Plant
• J.T. Russell & Sons Inc., Healing Springs Terminal
• Stanley Engineered Fastening