Hurricane Florence storms force road closures in Stanly
Heavy rains from the storms brought by Hurricane Florence have closed a number of roads in Stanly County.
A curfew is in effect from 9 p.m. tonight until 6 a.m. Monday morning, Sept. 17 according to the Stanly County Emergency Management (SCEM) Facebook page. Business and work-related travel is exempt from the curfew.
As of 5:30 pm today, the following roads are closed in Stanly County per the SCEM Facebook page:
- Running Creek near Bethel and Austin
- City Lake and Blakely
- Kendalls Church Road near Poplin
- Mount Zion at Loop Road
- Old Salisbury Road near North Stanly Middle School
- Areas of Old Aquadale Road
- U.S. Hwy. 52 between N.C. 24/27 and the Northeast Connector
- Randalls Ferry Road
- Sides Road
- Bridgeport Road
- Hills Ford Road
- Hatley Farm Road has been closed down due to a tree in the road.