Grill at Albemarle Hardee’s catches fire
The Hardee’s location on the N.C. Highway 24-27 Bypass caught fired early Sunday evening.
No employees or customers were hurt when a broiler caught fire and flames climbed into the attic and a vent, according to Albemarle Fire Department battalion chief Kenny Kendall.
Engines from Albemarle and East Side responded to the call at 4:50 p.m. along with Stanly County EMS and Albemarle Police. A total of 28 personnel were at the scene.
Damages to the building were estimated at $150,000 and the restaurant has been closed according to one employee. It is not yet known when Hardee’s will reopen.
Reaching out to veterans in need has been one of the missions of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, especially around... read more