Taylor House residents ‘safely evacuated’ after fire

Published 1:59 pm Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

Taylor House Administrator Ginger Harris said all residents were “safely evacuated” from a fire at the assisted living center on Monday.

Harris said the small fire was extinguished before fire fighters arrived.

“We did not have to move any of our residents out of our facility,” Harris said Tuesday morning. “Damage is minimal and confined.

“We wish to thank the Albemarle Fire Department for their quick response and thorough investigation. Their professionalism along with their genuine concern for the well-being of our residents was evident as soon as they arrived. We appreciate these men, our heroes.”

The Stanly News & Press has issued a request to the City of Albemarle for a report on the fire and estimated damage.